A little while ago, fibronacci nominated me for the Real Neat blog award and I have finally gotten around to completing the questions.
First things first, I would like to thank Fibronacci for nominating me for this blog award. It makes me so happy to know that there is people out there who enjoy reading my posts and appreciate the content that I do my best to create. I have never been nominated for anything so this nomination was such a pleasant surprise. I also love how these nominations can bring people together as we share things about ourselves that we wouldn’t usually 😊
The ‘rules’ of the Real Neat Blog award are:
(Feel free to ignore the nomination if it isn’t something your interested in, don’t accept rewards etc).
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
5. Let them know you nominated them (e.g: comment on their blog; linking their blog notifies them too)
Here are the answers to my 7 questions:
1. What natural disaster best represents you?
I would say that a volcano would probably represent me best. I am the kind of person who doesn’t show a lot of emotion and tend to bury my feelings. However, i eventually let it out all in one burst and it can be as intense as an eruption. I like to think that i am pretty chilled out but, when there are big changes happening or something really stresses me out or upsets me, i can no longer hold it in and everyone knows about it.
2. If you could swap lives with someone for a day (living or deceased), who would you swap with and why?
If I could be someone for a day I would be Sir David Attenborough as he is just an absolute legend. He is a man of the world who has seen and done things that many wouldn’t dream of. Even at the ripe old age of 91, he still enjoys travelling around, educating us all about the planet and the creatures that roam on this Earth and in its waters. His passion for this planet is inspiring and if I could see the world through his eyes for just one day it would be a privilege.
3. If you won a trip anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would struggle to narrow it down to one place as there is so much of the world I would love to explore. I would love to go back to Australia as I have family over there and the country is so beautiful and hot, which is a far cry from the weather in the UK. I would love to go to Florida so that I could go to Disneyland and universal studios (the child in me would love that). To be honest I would just live to go travelling and go everywhere and see everything that I can.
4. If you could only have one of the following in your dream home, which would you choose: a housekeeper, a personal chef, a personal assistant or a landscaper/gardener?
I would have a housekeeper. Keeping everything clean and tidy is a constant, daily battle. To have someone that could do it all for me would be great and would allow me to focus and use my energy for more important things ( like swimming in my infinity pool 😀).
5. What’s the one thing that annoys the crap out of you?
Really slow people. I hate it when the people walking in front of me are walking incredibly slow (for no reason) or stop in the middle of the pavement blocking the flow of people behind them.
6. You should have been in bed an hour ago, but you are still on the Internet. What non-blog webpage is open on your browser?
Probably either YouTube or Netflix. I spend hours bingeing on both. I have just finished watching series 2 of Stranger things and am already feeling lost without it. Me and my boyfriend are gradually making our way through the different series on Netflix and once we start watching something, we can’t stop!
7. Why do you think you were nominated? (Hint: it was because I felt there were good things about your blog, so positive answers only! I want you to humble brag!)
Being humble and bragging is something i do struggle with but, my blog is something i am really proud of. I think i was nominated as the posts i write are always honest and i do my best to talk about my condition and the challenges i face in a way that other people will understand, even if they do not suffer with a chronic illness. I wanted my blog to appeal to people of all different ages, with and without conditions and from all over the world. Pain is a language we can all speak and i strive to spread awareness and help out as many people as i can through writing. I put a lot of time and effort into my posts and i want them to be easy to read but, still informative. I love to share all the tips and information i have learnt throughout my experience with the condition in the hope that someone, somewhere, will find it helpful. My blog is not only about the logistics of Fibromyalgia but, how i live with it and i hope that sharing my journey will help others but, let them know that they are not the only people out their, there is always someone who is only a click away to talk to.
My nominees/blogs I’d love for you to check out:
I choose you! All of the blogs i have listed below i have found inspiring and would love others to discover them too. I’m sure some people don’t really participate or have the time to, so don’t worry if this sort of thing is not for you. If you do want to, I would love to see your responses to the questions below and get to know a bit more about you! 😊
- I tripped over a stone
- So simply trying
- Anxious elephant
- Creatieve Vlo
- My fibro fitness
- Samantha Murdoch
- Emmi’s cookin side
I wanted the questions i ask to be as random and interesting as possible 🙂
1. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
2. What fictional place would you most like to go?
3. What songs have you completely memorised?
4. What are some small things that make your day better?
5. What movie title best describes your life?
6. What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?
7. Why do you think I nominated you? (Bragging is acceptable 😁)
I hope you have enjoyed finding out a bit more about me. I liked answering questions that really made me think. I look forward to the responses of my nominees, if they choose to take part. Thanks again to Fibronacci for nominating me 🙂